So, do you hire movers or move yourself? The number one reason why people choose to move themselves is to save money. It also gives you more control over the moving process. You get to decide when and how all of your possessions will be moved (you can move gradually or all in one day) and you don’t have to worry about strangers handling your possessions. However, hiring movers has its benefits.
The main reason why people choose to hire professional movers is convenience. There’s no truck to rent, no packing to do, no heavy lifting. All you have to do is make the arrangements and they do the rest. They know how to handle your possessions in a safe manner, so there’s less chance of things getting damaged. If anything does get damaged, the moving company is responsible for repairing or replacing it.
Ultimately, deciding whether to move yourself or hire movers comes down to how much work you want to take on, what you can afford and your peace of mind. Ask yourself these questions before making a final decision:
- Do you have the time to do the entire move yourself?
- Are you physically capable of loading and unloading all of your possessions?
- Do you have enough family and friends available and willing to help?
- Are you comfortable driving a large moving truck?
- Does the thought of moving yourself cause you overdue stress?